Don't count your chickens before they've hatched
Make a smart move to saving. Take out a My Sovereign Investment (ISA) and start saving now
An investment ISA is a tax efficient means of saving for your future.
The My Sovereign Investment (ISA) is a stocks and shares ISAHow it works
You're in Control
Cash in or raise, lower, stop and restart your payments at any time
10 Year Guarantee
Your money is guaranteed when you lock in your cash until the 10th anniversary
Invest tax-free from £10 a month, lump sums from £100, or a combination of both
Easy to Apply
Complete an application form via the Forces Mutual team or apply easily online.
Keep track of your investment online using the Scottish Friendly 'My Plans' online service.
Available to You
Available to Serving, Retired, Ex-Forces, Reserves, Families, Contractors and Support Organisations.
My Sovereign Investment ISA is provided by Scottish Friendly Assurance Society Limited. Visit our legal page for further details.
How the My Sovereign Investment (ISA) works
- Use your Investment ISA allowance to invest tax-free from £10 a month, lump sums from £100, or a combination of both.
- Once you have set up My Sovereign Investment (ISA) you can cash in or raise, lower, stop and restart payments at any time.
- Provided you haven't made any withdrawals, on the 10th anniversary of the start date of your investment, you are guaranteed to get back at least as much as you have invested.
- Your money will be invested in a My Sovereign Investment (ISA) within a Scottish Friendly ISA which buys units in the Scottish Friendly Unitised With-Profits fund which may include stock market, property, cash and bond assets.
What you need to consider
- My Sovereign Investment (ISA) is a medium to long-term investment of at least 5 years and ideally 10.
- As with all investments, it's important to be aware that the value can go down as well as up, so you could get back less than you've paid in.
- When you cash in or take a withdrawal from your investment, the value of your units may either be increased by a final bonus or reduced by a market value reduction to bring it into line with the performance of the assets within the With-Profits fund.
- You should regularly check your investments are on track by logging into My Plans
- The tax treatment of your ISA depends on your individual circumstances and the levels and basis of taxation may change in the future. This may reduce the amount you get back or increase the amount of tax you pay.
Right for you? Get started today.Apply Online Now
Have any questions?
Here are some frequently asked questions about the My Sovereign Investment (ISA)
+What is an ISA?
ISA stands for Individual Savings Account
An ISA allows your savings or investments to grow tax-efficiently. This means that there's no income tax to pay on the interest that you earn.
You can put a total of £20,000 into an ISA this tax year which starts on the 6 April and ends on the 5 April the following year, this is referred to as your ISA allowance.
+How will it work for me?
The My Sovereign Investment (ISA) is a stocks and shares ISA
It is designed for customers that want to invest monthly or as a lump sum with the view of a medium to long-term investment (5-10 years).
The ISA offers potential growth on investments via the Scottish Friendly Unitised With-Profits fund and combines this with an element of security in that your money is guaranteed when you lock in until the 10th anniversary.
+Can I access my money if I need to?
Yes, you do have access to your money at all times BUT it is important to remember that any withdrawal before or after the 10th anniversary and you may get back less than you have paid in.
Log in to Scottish Friendly My Plans
Manage your existing My Sovereign Investment (ISA)