Serious about your privacy
This Policy sets out what the group of companies trading as Forces Mutual will do with your information and the arrangements we will make to keep it private and safe. It also explains your rights, for example how you can obtain a copy of the information we hold about you.
When we use 'we', 'our', or 'us' in this policy, we mean the companies trading as Forces Mutual listed below:
- PMGI Limited: a general insurance and credit (personal loans) broker
- Abacus Limited: a general insurance broker
- PMHC Limited: offers a healthcare scheme
- Mortgage Excellence Plc: provides mortgage and protection advice
If you have any questions about this policy you can contact our Data Protection Officer directly at email@example.com or by writing to them at the following address:
Compliance Department, Alexandra House, Queen Street, Lichfield, Staffordshire. WS13 6QS
Our data promise
Forces Mutual is committed to respecting and protecting your data, here is our promise to you:
- We promise to be open and honest with you about how your data is used
- We promise never to sell your data
- We promise to make it easy for you to access and correct your data
- We promise only to contact you about the things we think will be of interest to you - if you've ever had enough, just tell us and we'll stop
- We promise to have effective protection in place to keep your data safe and secure
When do we obtain information about you?
We collect information about you when you enquire about or make an application for one of our products or services. We also collect information when you make a claim, complete customer surveys, provide feedback, subscribe to our newsletters or participate in our competitions and promotions.
We also collect information about you when you visit us online. We do this using 'Cookies'. A Cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or device when you visit a website.
In addition, we may supplement the data we hold about you with additional information we get from third parties. Before we use this information, we ensure that the third party is permitted to share such information with us.
What information do we collect about you?
The information we collect about you varies depending on the reason for the interaction but may include:
- Contact details and personal identifiers such as name, address, date of birth and National Insurance number
- Your job title and employment details
- Lifestyle and social circumstances and information about your physical and mental health
- Details about family members
- Details of when you contact us and when we contact you
How will we use the information we collect?
We will use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with products and services and notify you about important changes or developments to the features and operation of these products and services
- If you make an enquiry or request a quotation, to process your request
- If you use one of our advice services, to inform the advice we give you
- To administer offers, competitions and promotions
- To show you selected content / adverts via social media (you can use the preference settings of the social media provider to manage how and if these appear)
We are required by law to have a specific reason for collecting and using your personal data. Mainly, we rely on the need to use your information to enable us to provide the product or service you have requested. Sometimes we will rely on your consent for example, when using your information for marketing purposes.
Who and why might we share your information with?
We may share your information with third parties in certain circumstances including those listed below:
- Specialist media providers, to manage your preferences for receiving direct marketing
- Providers of printing and mailing services to produce and issue correspondence
- The provider of the product you have purchased from us. For example, if you purchase car insurance we will share your information with Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Plc
- Credit reference agencies, to check your identity for the purposes of complying with the requirements to prevent financial crime (the agency will note this check on your file but it will not be available to third parties and it will not affect your credit rating)
- Law enforcement agencies and other financial organisations and industry bodies, for the purpose of fraud prevention
- Auditors and regulatory bodies as part of their oversight of our activities
- In addition some of our IT systems are supported by third parties who have access to ensure those systems continue to operate effectively
What precautions do we take to protect your information?
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
All personal information is stored on systems designed to meet applicable regulatory requirements and the majority are hosted in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Before personal information is processed outside of the EEA we will ensure that adequate safeguards to protect the data are in place.
See our security policy for more information.
With your permission, we will send you information about products and services which we think may be of interest. You can select your preferred method of contact (email, post, telephone and /or SMS). You can change your mind and ask us to stop contacting you for marketing purposes at anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0151 363 5290.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We will retain a record of your personal information for as long as you have a product or service with us, and for a period of time after you terminate those products or services to ensure we can comply with regulatory and legal requirements.
If you have made an enquiry or request a quotation but do not take out a product or use one of our advice services, we will retain a record of your personal information for 36 months.
How can I access the information you hold about me?
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact the Forces Mutual Team on 0151 363 5290.
In some specific circumstances you may have the right to request that we provide you with the information we hold about you in an electronic format so that you can transfer it to another provider. For more details contact our team on 0151 363 5290.
What if the information you hold about me is wrong?
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You can ask us to correct information you think is inaccurate. To do this call us on 0151 363 5290.
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to object to us using your personal information or to have your information deleted. You can request this by calling us on 0151 363 5290.
If you have any concerns about the way we use your information, you can raise these with us by following our complaints procedure. To find out more click here or call 0151 363 5290. You also have the right to refer your complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office at ico.org.uk or by calling 0303 123 1113.